Thursday, April 2, 2009

Multitasking at Work

I am currently at work, in a web meeting with a co-worker in the Bend office. I'm training her on how to do employment estimates... except that I'm obviously not! I'm blogging, and watching her screen in the background as she shuffles through the various estimation tools. It's fun to see her click away, knowing that I will soon be free from this monthly task. Honestly I'm a little sad to see the end of estimates. It was a nice way to kill a few hours every month, it gave my job a little more structure, and sometimes I got paid extra, too. But the department has finally hired a real person to do the task, and I am back to my normal job description.

Besides blogging and overseeing the newest edition to our team, I'm also on a conference call. And I'm eating Goldfish crackers -- the salty, irresistable little treats that I have fallen in love with only after reaching this, the semi-grown-up phase of my life.

I wouldn't mind doing some real work while I'm suppose to be doing real work, but all of my files are back at my desk, on my normal work computer (and not here in this quiet, comfortable conference room). True, I could leave my web meeting and phone conference to go get said files without anyone noticing my absence, but then I would have to feel guilty about being so far away from my real work. At least with the blog open on top of the real work, I don't have to feel bad about leaving my work alone!

Anyway, I've been goofing off about 15 minutes now, which is all the time we get for an afternoon break... So I better get back to watching and listening to real work.

1 comment:

AMY AND MIKEY said...

I'm glad you can get back to your regular job description! love you,