Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Twilight, The Movie!

Twilight just came in the mail today (via Netflix), so I watched it. Twice. The first time hardly counts because I was sewing for most of the time, so really only listened to the movie. The second time I hunkered down in my comfy green armchair and watched intensely.

I have to say that, surprisingly, I liked it. I heard some so-so reviews of the movie and, as an avid fan of the book, I was concerned. Now that I've watched it, though, I can officially give it one thumb up. I see how someone not familiar with the story would get lost, plus I think the acting leaves a lot to be desired, but the movie has some strong points. The way the actors portray their emotions, for instance. You really feel the conflict, the uncertainty, and the passion in the story just by watching their facial expressions and body language.

The other positive note about this movie is that the sequel has almost nowhere to go but up!

Anyway, if you haven't checked out Twilight, BUY THE BOOK. Then, if you want, see the movie.

7 comments:

AMY AND MIKEY said...

why is your comment set up like this-

AMY AND MIKEY said...

UHhhhhhhhhhh this is the 3rd time I have written a comment and it didn't go through- anyway- I'm not going to write it all again- but I will say- has nate seen it, I'm curious what he thinks of it, Mike didn't care for it much.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Can you set up your comments so you don't have to do the "comment as:" part? you have to do it a few times before it works.

Brookie said...

Huh... I'll have to work on this comments feature later. I dunno how it works. Maybe it's just your goofy internet connection! I know how spaztic it can be.

Nate watched it and felt so-so. He thought it was a little confusing, but "not bad". I didn't press him for more info; I was too busy feeling shocked that he had bothered to watch it without me. (I watched it alone, and then he watched it alone the next day.)

AMY AND MIKEY said...

That is really funny nate watched it by himself! You're thinking about cutting your hair? Like what? post the pictures.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Your comment deal is like mine now! Good job!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

I'm makign stockings for someone, we're doing a trade- I sew for her, and she's my therapist!