Wednesday, April 8, 2009

"Blogging Is Stupid"

I kid you not -- the title of this blog is exactly what Nathan said to me this weekend. I can't remember what he was reading or why he said it (it has nothing to do with the fact that I started this blog or any of our friends of family); I think he was just surfing around on the internet and came across a website or blog that bothered him. Or maybe he just read something about blogging that irritated him. In any event, I wandered into his "cave" while he was on the computer and the next thing I know he says to me...

"Blogging is stupid."

"Oh. Soooo... you're not planning to ever post anything to 'our' blog then, are you?"

"Umm.... Not really. I guess."

"Do you think it's stupid that I started a blog?"

"Well...ummm..... No. Of course....not. I...uhhhh....."

Yeah. Uh-huh. Doghouse on that one. Way to stick his foot in his mouth! In retrospect, it's funny and kinda cute. At the moment, though, I was surprised and maybe a little sad.

1 comment:

AMY AND MIKEY said...

what the heck was that about? I know you said that it had nothign to do wiht family's blogs- but it does make me wonder if he read something on mine that affected him? Where did all that come from? WELL, you guys are going to be so glad you have this blog, it's a family journal that you can eventually PUBLISH on a hard bound book, and that's family history. I love that i have all these stories and thoughts written down, sometimes I like to go back to my first posts and read them again, and I totally woudl have forgotten certain stories if I hadn't written them down. Keep blogging!