Saturday, October 2, 2010

Hachi and my "boys"

Part 1: Hachi
Just finished watching the movie "Hachi" which is basically a story about a very loyal dog. I spent the second half of the movie crying. Stupid cute dog movie... how dare it make me bawl my guts out!

There's really not much to the movie; watching its trailer tells the whole story ("spoiler" alert): Man adopts stray dog, dog is loyal, man dies, dog continues to be loyal until dog dies. Doesn't exactly sound like the type of movie worth crying for, right? But mom, I'm certain that you would've cried the whole time, too.

Part 2: My "Boys"
Nate and I were hanging out in the office today (by which I mean our home office), watching the LDS church's semi-annual General Conference broadcast on the computer. As he usually does, Nate fell asleep during the two-hour afternoon session of the conference. Meanwhile, Jack (the cat) came in looking for snuggles, and found the sleeping man. The result is this:


...my two favorite boys, sharing an afternoon siesta. Cute.

2 comments:

AMY AND MIKEY said...

oh man, laughed when I read about teh movie that made you cry- haha so funny. The things that can make us cry and affect us, a truly wonderous. Can't wait till you're pregnant and see what makes you cry. I think a mcdonalds commercial or something crazy like that made megan cry, it was so funny.

Cute pic of general conference with cat.

Did you move hte dresser up yet? you shoud take a pic and just send it to my email so I can see what it looks like. Ooo and take one with it infront of the paint for me too.

Anonymous said...

Brooke, I watched the same movie with the same result. Said a lot about loyalty didn't it. Gma