Monday, October 4, 2010

Awesome news!

There are several things I miss about living in Portland. One of those things is Trader Joe's, which has the best-tasting soy milk of all the many, many soy milks I've sampled. They also have yummy chocolate-covered almonds and a host of other good-for-me-and-for-the-earth (hippy) foods.

So this article announcing plans for a Trader Joe's in Salem just made my day:
www.statesmanjournal.com/article/20101001/NEWS/10010345/1001

I'm a little impatient for the new store, which won't open until "sometime" in 2011, but I'm very excited that they've decided to locate on my end of town, near other places I visit (such as church, the bank, and our usual grocery store). I look forward to being part of the crowd during the store's opening weeks, and a regular customer thereafter.

Awesome!!!

1 comment:

AMY AND MIKEY said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thankyou so much for sharing!