Sunday, September 19, 2010

New/old dresser: A work in progress

Below are pictures of a dresser I just got from my brother Bill. My mom purchased it about 30 years ago for 30 bucks. I'm in the midst of refurbing it. As you can see, I got through the sanding and priming steps. I think I'd like to finish it by doing an antique paint style, but I need to do a little more research on antiquing. (Is that a word?)

For now, it's past my bedtime, so I will just share a couple of pictures and call it a night. I'll post more pictures when I have them...



2 comments:

Julie said...

Cool. I know what it looked like but for everyone else did you get a "before " picture?

AMY AND MIKEY said...

that will look darling antiqued. Great dresser. Sorry i didn't get back to you on the email- I can help you antique it, and go to the store with you to get the glaze for it, or I can tell you what to get, if you want to get it ahead of time. When I show you, you will say "that's all? that's so easy!" and then you will want to antique everything in your home. I can do it any day in the day time this week,but I cannot Saturday. Let me know!