Thursday, October 14, 2010

A passing

Nate's grandpa passed away last Friday. It was a bit of a surprise (at least, it was to me). I was out of town for training all week, got home late Thursday night, and then Friday afternoon Nate told me that during the week his grandpa had gone to the hospital (congestive heart failure) and been sent home with hospice and morphine. We didn't know how long grandpa had left to live...

And we got the call late that night.

Amy wrote about this on her blog. She said it just the way I would have, so I decided to quote from her:

"We had the funeral Tuesday. It was a happy death, because he [grandpa] was 97 years old, and basically has been ill for years. He fell every other week, always breaking something, so we were all relieved and happy for him when we found out he died because we know he's now with his sweet wife... I'm glad they are together now and that he doesn't have to live in his awful sick body anymore."

1 comment:

AMY AND MIKEY said...

darnit, should have copyrighted that, I could have charged you for that! ha. Yes, it was such a surprise to me too. Obviously he was so sick, but it seemed like he was NEVER going to die, so though it made COMPLETE sense, it was very surprising. I'm so happy for him and Vera.