Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I'm a geek, geek, geek, geek, geek....

.... and darn proud of it!

http://oregonemployment.blogspot.com/2010/09/working-in-science-and-math-it-pays-to.html

There are no less than a billion pictures that support my claim that geekdom is awesome.



Added note (...since I failed to mention this elsewhere): My brothers and I are not the only geeks in the family. We come from a long history of geeks. And I'm quite proud of that history. GO JACKSONS!

The full article is at: www.qualityinfo.org/olmisj/ArticleReader?itemid=00007234
Or, for a limited time, from the main page of http://www.qualityinfo.org/

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You make me proud to consider myself and your grandfather Geeks as well. I hope you don't think there is too much of a generation gap to accept this.

Julie said...

I think Grandma accidentally became a geek. Her generation was raised to become a wife and mother, "And if you're lucky, you can be a secretary to an important man in an office." But when computers first came on the scene in the '60s, she was tapped, I think, because the men in the cannery office thought they were just glorified accounting machines! She can correct me of course, but that's my vague memory.

Anonymous said...

My philosophy . . . when you come to a fork in the road, take it. Don't say no to an opportunity. However I got there, I was ready for it. I may have been surpassed by you all, but for my day, I claim being a geek. I'm now in glorious retirement.

Anonymous said...

Forgot to say.....Julie your recollection is pretty close.

Julie said...

And did you see the geekish comment between two of your brothers? http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=635017010&v=wall&story_fbid=148730291833867