Saturday, July 31, 2010

Panniers are here! Thanks Mom!!!

It's been quite a long week, so I am going to keep this brief...

My awesome mother ordered an early birthday for me a couple weeks ago: bike panniers! They are beautiful. They come in pairs, but my things for work fit nicely into one bag, so I will use them one at a time.



The bags are waterproof and they latch onto the back rack on my bike. There are a couple of pockets built into the inside of the bag, which is one of my favorite features!

(Many thanks to Steve from my office, who loaned me a very nice pannier while mine were on order.)

Now I just need to get a seat cover that matches the rest of the red/black theme going on. If I were a more talented seamstress, I would whip something up. But since that's not one of my talents, I've just been avoiding the problem... :o)

3 comments:

AMY AND MIKEY said...

awesome! I've never heard of them before. That's really handy. And they match! Sorry I missed the "monthly dinner"- My sister danielle is here visiting, so I was at the beachouse. But Mike saved me a shishcabob and they were sooooooooo yummy. So what's the plan for your b-day? Are you headed to portland for your b-day or staying in salem?

Julie said...

You're welcome! Hmmm, do you need a nice red blinky light for the back? I can't tell from your pictures.

Brookie said...

Mom: I do. I had one (from you, as part of my bike-themed bday gifts 3 years ago), but it shattered into a gazillion pieces when the bike hooks in the garage ceiling "failed" last year. But since I don't ride in the dark very often, I haven't felt the urge to replace it...yet.