Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The Evolution of My Front Yard

The only "before" picture of my house, which unfortunately doesn't show the ugly front tree very clearly. It was impressively yucky, so you're not missing much:



After the tree was cut down and some of the shrubbery was removed. This work was done last spring (2009), within the first couple of months after we moved in:



We mostly took a break on the yard until August, when we started puttering around. We needed to re-seed the lawn, and the picture below shows the front after we took out the little patch of grass that was there. It also shows part of the old plumbing system, which was a BEAST of a job to remove:

(Turns out there were two old plumbing systems under there. We've named them The Old System, and The Old Old System.)

N8bear, trenching out the lines for the new sprinkler system:



After all the lines for the new sprinkler system were trenched /dug:



THE NEW FRONT OF MY HOUSE, WITH A TREE!!!!

Grass seed is planted, but hasn't popped up yet. We're expecting to see some sprouts this weekend. I can't wait to post another picture this spring, when the grass is in and the bulbs are in bloom!

I also need to finish the front deck. I took off the old, metal railing and I raised the deck so it's now level, but I need to put on a new railing.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Cool, the tree is new since we were there (looks like a maple?). Funny thing, when you first mention the old sprinkler system, I thought, "She means the old-old system." Then I scrolled down and saw your same words. Scary.

Anonymous said...

Yay for no more ugly tree and for new grass!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

You guys are so good at this kind of stuff. hard workers. Ok I'm confused about teh tree- is it going to grow big? is it in the same spot as the other one? Looks great.