Wednesday, September 21, 2011

More Dress Pictures

Below I posted pictures of some outfits (dress, hat, undies) that my mother-in-law made for the baby. There are four total, but I don't have the fourth one yet.

Now I know it would be nice to see the baby in each outfit, but I didn't particularly feel like playing dress-up with the baby (because really, she's not a toy, and we have better things to do with our time together). Eventually she'll wear each dress of course, and then I will take pictures. But for now, here are some shots of just the outfits:




I also just made her a dress.... sorta by accident. I had a dress pattern that I wanted to modify, so I got out some "scrap" purple fabric so I could test the modifications I wanted to make to the pattern. The dress turned out pretty decently (not perfect, but hey, I'm not much of a seamstress). As I was staring at the plain dress, I thought, this would look nice with a flower or something on it. So then I made a little flower (which detaches for when it's time to wash the dress! I'm proud of my cleverness on that point). Then I thought, this would also look cute with a little ribbon around the middle. So I added a ribbon.

It's kinda simple and it's not perfect, but I love it. I'm happy that I could make something for my daughter -- something unique from me, just for her.


(P.S. She wore this to church a couple of weeks ago. Somehow I neglected to get a picture of her wearing it... probably because we always throw her in her church dress at the last minute and then change her as soon as she gets home. Anyway, I'll have to get a picture next time she wears it!)

2 comments:

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Oh my gosh I LOVE ALL OF THEm!!!!!! Marie is crazy, - I would love all of these! Tell her to bring her patterns with her when she comes and we can make some dresses while she's here. I LOVE your dress!!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE it! So cute. You will def have to get pics of her in all of them. thanks for the post!

Lulu said...

That dress you made is BEAUTIFUL!!! I can't believe it was by accident :) So lovely...and you should be proud of yourself for thinking of the whole removable flower idea-so smart!