Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Maybe it was prettier before all the fancy stuff...

I think that somewhere in the process of giving birth I managed to squeeze out several of the important sections of my brain, including the area responsible for decision making. Seriously.

As I'm looking at the "before" and "after" pictures of the baby's blessing dress, I can't help but think maybe it looked better before I added the red flowers and the ribbon. Am I losing it? Should I remove the extra frills? Someone help me...


4 comments:

Kimberly said...

I like it both with and without. Whatever u decide it will be beautiful.

Gustafson said...

I think it turned out well. The decoration adds to it nicely and isn't over the top. (see you soon!)

AMY AND MIKEY said...

DId you make that? It is so pretty! Good job! I love the red ribbon,- LOVE IT. I think is what's bothering you about the flowers is: they are more cute than pretty. The ribbon is satin, the fabric is satin, giving it a more fancy/elegant/pretty look, and the shape of the flowers for some reason don't feel elegant to me, they feel more cute, so I feel like if you did rose buds (they have them at joanns) in the satin then you'd feel better about it. HOWEVER it still looks really cute just the way it is. So if you decide to leave it, it is still so so cute! great job! we got your blessing invite, we wish we could be there! And the pic is soooooooo cute, I have it on my fridge (and I don't like to put things on my fridge) :)

Lulu said...

I love the idea of the flowers without the ribbon acccents. Have you tried that? Beautiful simplicity...