Saturday, May 16, 2009

At the Beach

We're at the beach!!!

A good friend of ours recently emailed us and asked if we wanted to stay at his BEACH HOUSE for the weekend. After a very careful analysis of the invitation - we spent at least 10 seconds discussing it - we accepted the offer. I mean, what else could we say to our buddy except YES, of course we'll spend the weekend lounging around your huge, beautiful house on the beach (for free). It would have been rude to decline the invitation! :o)

So here we are, lounging around! I'm surfing (the net), and Nate is upstairs somewhere, watching TV. It's kinda cute, really... If we go somewhere and there's TV, Nathan almost automatically plops himself in front of it. Watching TV is a vacation thing for him, since we don't have one at home. As for me... I can hardly live without the internet, so I'm deeply grateful there's a high-speed connection available here!

Not sure what today's plans entail. We arrived mid-day yesterday, unpacked, and then went into town to buy N8 some swim trunks. We continued to lounge when we returned to the house. The only "vigorous" activity yesterday was a walk on the beach! Otherwise it was movies, food, the hot tub, and lazing about.

Now, before you think we're selfish for having this fun all to ourselves, I want to mention that we invited lots of people to come join us! We were bailed on by all four of the couples we invited! Could they see the place now, I think they would re-consider.... but oh well!

5 comments:

Carina & Dan said...

Brooke so glad you have a blog now! Don't worry Dan says blogs are dumb too, but yet he still looks at our at least(if I leave it up on the computer for him). But now he likes to point out things that I should mention in my blog. Anyways, so glad to see you are doing good!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

fun! I'm glad you had such a nice time! the house sounds wonderful. I wish we could have gone, but I know I wouldn't have gotten any studying done. Thanks for the invite though.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Brooke you have to look at my sister Lizzie's blog- she got eye lash extensions and it so crazy! They made such a huge difference! It looks like she's wearing makeup-but she's NOT, - it's crazy in a good way- check it out-

AMY AND MIKEY said...

So i'm writing my paper as we speak, so if its not too much to ask, then this evening - (how late do you stay up????) I'll send it to you, and you can proof read it- tell me what sticks out to you, word usage, confusing sentences, etc. I need to get a good grade on this paper, and it's all so last minute- this week just ended up being so busy. I have to turn it in tomorrow at 3, so- I'm hoping to have you do your thing tonight- then I'll adjust it, sleep on it, and read it again tomorrow. it has to be 6-7 pgs. and my teacher offered to proof read it- and ofcourse i never wrote my paper, so here we are. anyway- how late is too late to send you my paper tonight? It's possible I won't have it done in time for you to read it tonight, but I hope to have it done for you to read tonight. I'll need yout o read it becaue I will be writing it fast, and I'll be brain dead when I'm done- and I'll need another person to point out what I'm not seeing. but DO NOT stay up late for me, just let me know when's the lastest I can send it to you. Oh and the lashes- there's no such thing as a "you" or "me thing" Anyone can do whatever they want, if you want them, do it, you might feel funny the first day, but after that you adn everyone else will be used to it and it WILL be a YOU thing. you should do it! I hae no idea how much it costs.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

BROOKE- you can have whatever hair you want! the reason the arnold's "pull it off" is because we DO IT! that's all, it has nothing to do with looks, or personality or anything- it's just a matter of having the guts to do it- you just need to do it! Plus it's a really cool feeling to get something dramatic done, You will feel refreshed, alive, energized, and after a few days, and a few showers of feeling "where's all the hair?" you will then be used to it, and it won't be wierd, I think you have a really good face shape for a short bob. You shoudl do it. I think it woudl be so cute. DO IT!