Sunday, August 12, 2012

Burley Bee for Baby and ME!

Right before the baby's bedtime, I wrote a brief list of things I wanted to accomplish before I went to bed. It ended with a typical entry, "Blog?" Nate noticed my list and did a couple of things for me; I got distracted while completing a task and ended up spending half an hour cleaning up something that wasn't on my to-do list. Typical, right? By the time I was done, I was tired and did not want to do "Blog?" or anything involving my brain.

So I'm just going to share the briefest of updates, which is that my (AWESOME!) mom got a bike trailer for Baby Girl. Happy early birthday to me! It's a Burley Bee, used but in really good condition. (I am still thinking about getting a baby bike seat, too... I haven't made up my mind.)

I love the Burley. It is really cool. It has room and buckles for two kids, plus space enough in the back for a bag of groceries or whatever else I might want to haul. I'm going to get a different "hitch" for it, though -- one that will make it quick and easy to take the Burley on and off my bike.

My mom brought it to us on Friday and I took Darling out on Saturday morning for half an hour, going up and down the street. At first she absolutely refused to wear her helmet, so after several minutes of fighting and pleading and trying to trick her, I gave up and decided to take a really slow lap around the block, to distract her. It worked. After the one lap, I was able to stop, get the helmet on her, and continue riding without fuss. I managed to get one okay picture of her in the Burley with the helmet (obviously, when we stopped, she'd try to yank it off... she'll get used to it):


I also got a little video of her riding along. Lest you think I was being unsafe, know that I took the video mostly "hands free." I hung the camera backwards around my neck (down my back), reached around to push the start button, and rode slowly down the street. For the first part of the video, the camera got shuffled toward the pavement. Then I must have scooted it or something because you can suddenly kinda see Darling again. Right after the camera was back on her, she started babbling a little bit. It's very cute! So you can either endure the first 18 seconds of weird video, or just advance the video to the 18th second, and you can watch her and listen to her talk for a few seconds:


1 comment:

AMY AND MIKEY said...

oh my gosh that is so freakin adorable!!!! I love it! And she looks so cute in her helmet! how fun! I'm so happy for you that you got that! I know you had been - wanting one and you love biking so much. Ok her legs are so flexible, I feel like you can just move them in any which way direction you want- it's so funny. SUCH a cute video- you need to post more videos adn pics.