Saturday, July 21, 2012

Tie the garlic knot

My house smells like a pizzeria this evening. Yum. I decided to make some garlic knots, which I haven't had since college. I found several recipes online. The one I used was good, not great; the directions are overly wordy and makes it seem like a complex process. It's not. My knots ended up a little too big, more like the size of crescents. Whoops! But they were tasty. Next time I think I'll use less salt (I went all in -- hell must be freezing over -- on the salt) and I'll use whole wheat flour.


The big news from this week is that Nate was gone. He left early, early Wednesday morning to go on a hiking/camping trip with a few of the boy scouts. (Two scouts plus one other leader, to be exact.) He got back about 2pm today (Saturday). I worked all day Wednesday and Friday while my mom watched baby girl. I couldn't find child care for Thursday so I took my one day of vacation. It was a pretty rough week and I could complain about it, would complain about it, but it's over and we survived. Whew.

...

I just wrote and deleted about five paragraphs. I'm in a bit of a sour mood and I'm having a hard time finding something nice to say, so I think I'll just go give up and brood for awhile. I'll post more when I'm feeling less crabby.

:o)

2 comments:

Julie said...

Yummmm, any chance one knot will be leftover on Tuesday!?!

J.R. Pearse Nelson said...

Man, I run into that trouble, too. By the end of the day when I finally get five minutes to myself, it can be hard to find something nice to say. And then it's time to keep to myself. :)