Monday, May 3, 2010

Baby Lucy's present!

Our very good friends Adam and Paige just had their first kid! We're very excited for them. So excited, in fact, that I made a little gift for baby's bedroom:


There are holes at either end of the sign where it can drill it into the wall. These holes get covered up with wooden "buttons" -- as you can see in the picture below (sorry it's a little fuzy):


Now, before you give me too much credit for the awesome craftyness, I must give credit to my sister. She made a similar gift this Christmas for our new nephew.


In case you're curious, here's a little bit about these friends of ours: Adam and Nate grew up going to church together, so they've been friends a long time. They played paintball together in high school, and even lived together for a little while in college. Ironically, I first met Adam long before I ever met Nate, as Adam was my very first Home Teacher when I joined the LDS church.

I became friends with Paige in college. In fact, it was at a church gathering in her apartment one fateful Monday night when I first met Nathan. (This was back when he was a loud mouth, sported massive facial hair, and wore coke-bottle glasses.)

Adam and Paige have a really awesome marriage, founded on their mutual love for all kinds of gaming. Oh, and it probably helps that they are some of the nicest, most upbeat folks you could hope to know.

Congrats you two!!!

2 comments:

Dianne Selander said...

Cute!!! I love the dragon fly!

Anonymous said...

Aww, Brookeness! Lucy loves her gift. We're putting it up today in her room. WOOT.

PS. Again, I LOVE the typeface you picked out.