Sunday, December 13, 2009

O Christmas Tree

Well... we finally did it. Our fourth Christmas as a married couple and have our first (and last! ha!) tree. Here it is:


The ornaments on the tree were gifted from one of my great aunts. (I can't remember which one, as they came to me through grandma; my mom hypothesized that it was aunt Sharon.) They are in very good condition and I'm grateful that I don't have to buy my own this year, since I've already spent my "decorations allowance" for a few other items. But I would like to buy some ornaments. The current ones don't feel like they are mine (mostly because they are not my style).

I was at Walmart with Amy recently and I noticed that they have packs of cute, matching ornaments. At first I fell in love with the blue and silver ones. While they are still my favorite, I think I would rather have red and gold ornaments for my tree. They would match better with my living room! (Target has similar packs of ornaments.)

I hope I can get some of the cute ones on sale after Christmas. I know I'm being cheap, but I figure, since I already have ornaments that were free, I can use them for this Christmas and maybe I can buy some I really love after the holidays for a little less cost. Worst case scenario, I buy some next Christmas when I have more decorations allowance.

Also, one last note about ornaments... (Are you bored yet? Are you still reading? :o) ... my mom has decided to downsize her collection, so she's going to bring her ornaments to our big family Christmas and let me pick out some of them for myself. I'm actually very excited about this. I would love to have some of my childhood ornaments on my tree!

Anyway... that's enough about ornaments! ttfn!

1 comment:

Julie said...

You're alive! Good to see a post again. And I get to see you at the end of next week.